Scale Computing, a market leader in Edge Computing, virtualisation and hyperconverged solutions, and Acronis, a global leader in cyber protection, have announced an OEM partnership, offering Acronis Backup to customers through Scale Computing channels, delivering archiving, enhanced data protection, disaster recovery and threat mitigation on the Scale Computing HC3 platform.
Scale Computing HC3 offers the Scale Computing Data Protection Suite, which provides high availability, backup, replication and recovery features. Many HC3 users deploy additional backup and recovery solutions to utilise other types of storage, extending existing storage investments in NAS or SAN, or use advanced data protection features that are not available on HC3. Scale Computing has determined Acronis Backup best meets these archiving and advanced disaster recovery needs for these HC3 users.
With Acronis Backup on Scale Computing HC3, users will be able to meet the toughest backup objectives for mission-critical systems, saving up to 10x the storage space and reducing the backup workload with automated administration.
Acronis Backup on Scale Computing HC3 ensures that data is safe and mission-critical business applications are available, by enabling users to proactively prevent, or recover quickly from disasters, with capabilities such as:
● Long-term retention for data archival – Backups can be stored on inexpensive storage for long-term retention to meet regulatory compliance
● Acronis active protection – An integrated anti-ransomware defence powered by Machine Learning (ML) models that proactively detects and stops ransomware attacks and automatically recovers any affected files, including those on network shares and removable devices
● Full bare-metal system recovery – Accelerates recovery speeds up to twice as fast with the ability to restore a backup image to a machine that doesn’t have a preinstalled OS
● Acronis universal restore – Simplifies the recovery of an entire system to the same or dissimilar hardware, or virtual machine, by using smart technology that automatically detects boot requirements
● Granular recovery – Enables individuals to search for and restore specific files or folders without having to recover full databases or systems
With flexible on-premises and cloud storage options, Acronis Backup users can easily scale their deployment to fit their archival and data protection needs. A simple, touch-friendly UI offers advanced reporting capabilities that lets administrators manage and orchestrate backups with ease across sites.
“Data protection and disaster recovery are a necessity for IT organisations today and many of our HC3 customers have implemented effective disaster recovery strategies that combine per VM snapshot scheduling with replication, failover and recovery. Each HC3 appliance has built-in VM snapshots with scheduling capabilities that are flexible enough to implement almost any backup strategy,” said Jeff Ready, CEO and co-founder, Scale Computing.
“With Acronis Backup, HC3 users are enabled to add market-leading archiving and data protection capabilities to their infrastructure. Our technologies are highly complementary and HC3 customers, who are used to the flexibility and ease of use of our platform, will also benefit from the performance, ROI and TCO advantages offered by Acronis Backup.”
Acronis Backup on Scale Computing HC3 protects nearly all supported VM operating systems on the Scale Computing HC3 platform and can granularly backup and restore individual VMs up to and including the entire system. Acronis Backup can store backup data in a wide range of storage locations, including HC3 virtual disks, existing NAS/SAN and public clouds.Click below to share this article