Cyxtera Technologies, the secure infrastructure company, has announced that AppGate SDP, a leading software-defined perimeter (SDP) solution for accelerating the journey to zero trust, has achieved Common Criteria Certification.
AppGate SDP is the first SDP solution to achieve this certification, indicating it meets stringent requirements for operating in security-sensitive or critical systems.
Common Criteria is recognised by 30 nations and was developed by the United States, United Kingdom, Canada, France, Germany and the Netherlands. Although it is a government-driven certification, it is recognised as important to any business or organisation looking to leverage trusted security software solutions that are designed with compliance and performance in mind.
Products evaluated against a Common Criteria standard exhibit a clear chain of evidence that the process of specification, implementation and evaluation has been conducted in a rigorous and standard manner.
“Network security must be more comprehensive, intelligent and responsive than ever to keep up with cyberattacks,” said Jon Oltsik, Senior Principal Analyst and fellow at analyst firm ESG.
“Organisations need to have confidence in the capabilities of modern solutions like software-defined perimeter network segmentation. Common Criteria certification can provide that degree of confidence. It validates that a solution has been thoroughly vetted and meets the highest, most consistent international standards for performance.”
AppGate SDP was evaluated against and achieved the following certification: Evaluation Assurance Level (EAL) 2+. The + in this evaluation indicates the inclusion of network and firewall-applicable protection profile elements in the testing and evaluation criteria. The evaluation of AppGate SDP was conducted by a third-party auditor authorised by the Common Criteria consortium.
“Common Criteria was developed as a multi-country effort to provide global guidance around security best practices,” said Nelson Fonseca, President and COO of Cyxtera. “Achieving certification provides reassurance to organisations around the world that their security systems are in the most capable hands.”
Benefits of AppGate SDP
- Grants access to enterprise resources based on contextual data, including user profile, environment and enterprise
- Provides complete visibility of network activity, including detailed information on resources accessed, users and context
- Leverages native integration with cloud-specific security features to secure public cloud workloads and provide consistent access controls across hybrid environments
- Enables transparent remote and third-party access to network resources while eliminating the burden and vulnerabilities of VPNs.
- Reduces the network attack surface and ensures a robust defence against DDoS, Man-in-the-Middle and other attacks
- Leverages patented multi-tunnel capabilities to seamlessly and simultaneously connect users to applications wherever they run